How do I know if I need a Frenuloplasty?

0 Comment

Tearing your Frenulum

If you have torn the skin that joins your foreskin to the tip of your penis, you should avoid sexual activity until the tear has healed. In most cases, the tear will get better without treatment. Once it has healed, you can try using a lubricant during sex to prevent the problem from happening again.

Why has it torn?

The small tag of skin on the underside of your penis, between your foreskin and the shaft of your penis, is called the frenulum or banjo string. The frenulum is sometimes tight and can tear, usually during sexual intercourse. Sometimes, the tear may not heal properly and your penis may become torn again in the same place.

What to do if it keeps happening?

If your penis keeps getting torn, you may need an operation called a frenuloplasty, this surgery is to lengthen the frenulum. This should make sex more comfortable and reduce the risk of a frenulum tear happening again.

Our surgery

The procedure we offer can be performed on its own, but we often have requests for it in conjunction with another operation. For example, we carry our many penis enlargement operations, and many men find it an ideal opportunity to correct a tight frenulum at the same time.

The procedure can be performed under general or local anaesthetic. It takes around half an hour and, in some cases, less than that. It should be done in a sterile setting such as an operating theatre by either a Urologist or a Plastic Surgeon. The surgeon works by releasing the tight layer of skin; it is also lengthened so that you can retract the foreskin more easily.

So, now you know what you need to do if your penis continuously tears during sexual intercourse. And if you are in need of the frenuloplasty surgery, we urge you to get in touch with us today and book a consultation.

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *