How will the AMS 700 Penile Prosthesis help me?
Well, there is a range of ways that the AMS 700 Penile Prosthesis can help you. Some of the key benefits of this penile implant include:
- It is the only penile implant that is pre-treated with antibiotics proven to reduce infection.
- It can be operated with a one touch button for deflation.
- Once it has been activated, it can aid you in maintaining an erection for as long as you desire.
- There are a broad range of lengths available, which means you can even be provided with a custom fit for patients.
- It is coated in parylene, this will greatly enhance the long-term durability.
- It is a permanent treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Those are just a few of the major benefits you can get from purchasing the AMS 700 Penile Prosthesis implant, but now you know about the benefits let’s talk about how it actually achieves all of these benefits, about how it actually works.
How does the AMS 700 Penile Prosthesis Work?
The AMS 700 penile implant includes a pair of cylinders implanted in the penis, a pump placed inside the scrotum, and a reservoir of saline placed in the lower abdomen. Squeezing and releasing the pump moves fluid into the cylinders, creating an erection. Deflate the device by pressing the deflate button on the pump. The penis will then return to a soft flaccid and natural looking state.
What is the procedure for having the AMS 700 Penile Prosthesis Implanted?
A small incision will be made into the scrotum or above the pubic bone and a surgeon inserts all components through this opening. The surgery is performed under anesthesia. You may experience pain and soreness and it will generally take a few days to be able to return to your regular routines. You should wait between 4 and 6 weeks before trying intercourse again.
Book an appointment with us today to discuss which penile implant may be best for you.