Are you considering a penile implant, but aren’t sure what type of implant you should get? Choosing the right one is not an easy decision. The choice that you and your doctor make will depend on many factors, including your age and medical history. For starters, you should know your options.
There are three main types of penile implants:
- Two-piece inflatable
- Three Piece Inflatable
A non-inflatable penis is the simplest of the three. A rod is placed into the penis and you push the penis up to use and down again when not in use. The two-piece and three-piece inflatable penile implants have more parts to them. A pump is placed near the scrotum. You then press the pump to pump into your penis to create an erection.
Non-Inflatable Penile Implant
- Because they are so simple, there is a low chance of malfunction
- Easy to use if you have arthritis or limited dexterity
- The least expensive, but also the least popular implant
- A constant erection can be uncomfortable and hard to conceal
- The penis is flaccid when deflated and easier to conceal than a non-inflatable penis implant
- Erection is less firm than the three-piece penile implant
- The pump is small and difficult to inflate for people with limited dexterity or arthritis
- Two-piece inflatable penile implant looks abnormal to others
- Most natural looking and feeling. Most partners of single men don’t even know they have an implant
- Flaccid when deflated
- Firmer erection than two-piece penile implant
- The pump is larger and easier to pump and release than the two-piece inflatable penis implant
- More parts that could potentially malfunction
If you have any questions about the penile implants we offer or are interested in having a procedure then get in touch with us here at Moorgate Andrology!